Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2K3 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheHip

Technical User
Sep 1, 2004
US
I have a user that we just upgraded to Outlook 2K3. When she tries to create a new E-mail, forward or reply she gets an error-

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.

We looked it up on Microsofts site and can find an almost exact match refering to Outlook XP (2K2), but there isn't anything out for 2K3. Has anyone run into this issue yet? I thought about installing sp1, but from my understanding it mostly fixes stuff that XP sp2 breaks; and she doesn't have that installed. Any help is appreciated.

Does 2003 have Detect and Repair under the Help Menu? Also it sounds like a cache issue. Try clearing the cache out for Outlook.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

It is definitely something related to her profile, so I am beginning to think that it could be the caching since that is stored in local profile application data. I am going to check it out when she is available again, thanks for the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back