Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2K Pauses, resumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamek

MIS
Aug 18, 2001
US
I have a tricky situation. I am running Win2K SP3 and outlook 2000 <9.0.0.2711> internet mail only on a AMD 2200+ . My problem is this, while in Outlook, the program will pause / hang / stop responding for a few seconds, i am able to keep typing, and anything done while its paused is normally entered once it comes back from its nap. It usually repeats itself a few times during my session in outlook, and I have not had this issue with other programs either in the office family, or other applications. I have this issue in all parts of outlook, reading, sending, recieving, etc. I am also noticing that once I close down outlook, it will sometimes leave a outlook process open, preventing me from opening outlook later. I do not have indexing or findfast active on my PC, i have archived my pst file, and i have defragged my drive. is there anything else i can do? any suggestions will be met with an open mind. Thank you in advance.

Can it be that your settings to check new mail are interfering? Increase by alot, just to check, it could be as simple as that.
Also, too many filters maybe? The solution is out there. [morning]

Increased S/R time to 100 minutes, no noticable difference, checked filters..... I have none..... I have three 'organize' options set up, but removing them makes no difference........ i have removed preview 'pain' from all folders with the /nopreview flag....... very annoying when all the options I usually set make no difference, thank you for your suggestions........ hopefully someone has had more success with a perhaps more obscure corrective action.

DFB

Ok, no luck here.

Try this, open the task manager, click on Processes and twice on CPU.
That puts the process consuming most cpu time at the top.
Leave it open while you act as usual so you can keep an eye on what's popping to the top when the PC 'freezes'. The solution is out there. [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back