Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2k not receiving emails correctly from Exch 2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno74

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
US
On my PC at work, I have to click on an emil in my inbox in order for it to show if I have any new emails, the dates they were received are old compared to the system date. This happened to me last week, and I rebooted the exchange server. Once I did, it was normal again. There is only one other user on our network of 80-100 that is noticing this problem. Any ideas? It's not a huge deal except when I am walking around doing things, but when I am sitting at my desk waiting for a correspondence and I have to go into Outlook every 5 minutes, it stinks.

Thanks!

A few things to consider:

1) Make sure that you have the most recent Office service pack (SP2 I think) applied.

2) Right-click on the Outlook desktop icon and select Properties . Click on the appropriate profile and click the Properties button. Go to the Connections tab and make sure that the "Connect using Lan" box is checked.

I have seen the dial-up connection setting cause this type of problem on more than one occasion.

It might be worth taking a look at the Event Viewer on the 2 problem systems to see if there's anything in the Application or System logs that looks out of the ordinary.

Hope this helps.

SL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back