Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2K: Messages won't delete from Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
IE
Hi,
This is a bit of a funny one and I hope somebody can shed some light on it. Most users in the office view more than one mailbox at a time ie their own and a general mailbox also at the same time. One user cannot delete 6 messages from the general inbox when on his pc. BUT, if I create his profile on my pc and give it access to the general mailbox also, the messages are not there! I should add that these 6 messages have been moved out of that inbox a while ago and have disappeared from everybody elses general inbox.
Can anybody advise on this. Also if on this users pc, I log into the general mailbox on its own, the messages aren't there!

I don't understand!

Thanks in advance,

Tulip

If your using Outlook, try re-installing it. You should get a fresh start

What mailclient?
What mailserver?
What connection , pop3, imap, ... The solution is out there. [morning]

Sorry, forgot to give that info!

Mailclient: Outlook 2K
Mailserver: Exchange 5.5

Does that user not has his Outlook configured for OffLine ? It may still be in the OST file in that case.
He has to resync. The solution is out there. [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back