Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2K mail sending/delivery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadreamer

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2003
GB
Hi, I have several PC's running Outlook2K on XP Pro sp2 and connecting to an Exchange 2003 server.

Since upgrading the PC's to XP sp2, on 2 of the PC's I have the problem that new messages are not received or sent unless you click on a different Outlook folder. I thought that the new Windows firewall in sp2 may have been the problem but that is now disabled and I still have the same problem. As I said, this only happens on 2 PC's out of 30.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Thanks for that. I have been through all of the Microsoft articles that relate to this error but none of the solutions have worked.

It is very annoying as only 2 PC's are affected, the other 20 odd PC's have no problem at all.

Any more suggestions?

I found a solution. You have to turn off Windows Firewall for the mail to come in automatically. Go to control panel and then to Windows Security and then turn off the firewall. Hope this helps, it solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back