Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2K/attached forwarded email not viewable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMW999

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
I have a user who’s using Outlook 2000 SP3. When he receives an email that has been forwarded to him by someone who is setup to forward email as an attachment, the attachment is blank. It will open as an email but there is no body. However, using his secretary’s PC which has Outlook 2K SP3 installed and has permissions to access his account, I can open the attachment and see that there is actually text in the body.

I have un-installed Outlook and re-installed it. Tried to find any settings that were different from the PC that works and could not. I even sent one of the emails that was not working on the original PC from the secretary’s PC (where I could view the body) and still could not see text in the body.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hiya

I have had a similiar problem with Outlook 2000 SP3. email attachments were not being sent to other people in the same office using either Outlook Express 5 or 6, or Webmail directly on to their email server. This outfit have an email server that allows access via webmail.

Yes, I did untick the box "Do not allow attachments" in Tools>Options>Security.

But the same email attachments could be seen on another PC in the Office using Outlook 2000. And also my company email address, plus my personal email address.

I conclude it is something set in their own email servers settings. The access to a couple of web mail pages had been blocked too, so I know someone had been changing some settings on the Server.

Have a look at what happens to the attachments when sent to other email clients on other ISPs and in other companies. Even to different versions of Outlook and Outlook Express.

Good Luck

hi dmw999

Just so you know. It was the webmail server here. There was a setting for "Forward Attachments". This was set to
DON'T FORWARD ATTACHMENTS

not that funny, after uninstalling and reinstalling, and so on.

aspectz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back