Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTLOOK 2013 Call Pilot Avaya won't fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

teledesigns

Vendor
Apr 4, 2014
US
Hi I am posint this here and on the Call Pilot forum.

Avaya has told me that they know of the problem with Outlook 2013 and the Desk Top Messaging. They have said they have been aware of it for sometime now but they are not offering a new release anytime soon!

Does anyone know why they will not take care of this important issuse right away. As my cusotmers are upgrading over to Outlook 2013 I am steadly getting more and more complaints. This is very serious and urgent problem that Avaya should take care of this is interupting business with clients. We are already into 2013 this problme goes all the way back to last year.

Does anyone know why that are dragging their feet on this or how to impress to Avaya to resolve this. I mean they are still supporting the Call Pilots until 2018 from what I hear.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Interesting topic and wonder myself...

But does that mean they have to support it on any Outlook version Microsoft comes out with till then?.
Support ends Oct 2016 for Norstar and 2018 for BCM.

Questions is type of support.
1. If they made a Callpilot software that was created to work with Outlook 2012 does that mean they have to only update there software as Microsoft updates fixes and features to their 2012?
They also assist with resolving your issues based on that you have met "System requirements and supported product" laid out in the guide.

2. Or is it was some people think and that is they have to support a product made for 2012 but when Microsoft comes out with newer versions of Outlook they then Avaya has to go back to production line and create more software too?.
Same goes for Lotus and all others listed.

I have always believed in number 1 because it makes sense.
You support a product you created for which it was intended for and not for what another firm may produce.
This is why we pay for "Upgrades", but they are no longer available (in production).

Some FAQ's:

Callpilot 100/150
End Of Life/Manufacturer Discontinued = 2010
End of Sales = 2011 (was extended from Oct 2010)
End of Support 2016

Software - last release produced before EOL was 3.1 (31.10.37.22)
Desktop Messaging - last release before EOL was 2.5

Compatibility Desktop Messaging 2.5:

Internet Mail clients
You can use Desktop Messaging with these IMAP Internet clients:
• Microsoft Outlook Express 5.x and 6.x
• [highlight #FCE94F]Microsoft Outlook[/highlight] 2000, 2002 (XP) and 2003 in Internet mail mode
• Netscape Messenger (Netscape Communicator) 6.2x, 7.0x
• Qualcomm Eudora Pro 6.0.1
Operating systems
• Windows 98 SE
• Windows 2000 Professional
• Windows XP

---

Compatibility Desktop Messaging 5.0 (which I think 4.0 and up is only for BCM/PB versions of Callpilot):

CallPilot Desktop Messaging client version 5.00.41.112 provides the following compatibility:
Groupware (email):
Microsoft Outlook 2002 (XP), 2003, 2007, and 2010
IBM Lotus Notes 6.05, 6.5, 7.0, 8.0, and 8.5

Novell GroupWise 6.5, 7.0, and 8.0
Internet Mail clients:
Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0
Microsoft Windows Vista Mail
[highlight #FCE94F]Microsoft Outlook[/highlight] 2002 (XP), 2003, 2007, and 2010 (Internet Mail Mode)

Thin clients:
Citrix MetaFrame XP on Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 Server
Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 and 4.0 on Windows 2003 Server (All editions)

Client operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows 7

Note:
Compatible with 32 bit OS,
or 64 bit when using 32 bit compatibility mode.

Details:
So it appears that:
-You are running a Desktop Messaging client that is not supported on CP 100/150
-You are running a Desktop Messaging client that is not supported on Outlook 2013
-Operating system - Unknown what you are running

Same goes for Call Center reporting on that system
IT people upgrade PC's to Win 7 and reports stops working....only XP SP2 is supported.

Just my thoughts, might be wrong with some of this.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Same program works for the CP and the BCM from what I understand.

Avaya / Nortel knew that Outlook like most windows programs would have revisions and new releases as they have released upgrades for Outlook in the past when Outlook changed. That being said and considering how vitally important this feature is to a customer who depends on it Avaya should have been more responsible about this. It is aApril of 2014 they have had enough time considering that they said the fix is a simple one. It has to do with Outlook placing a folder in another section so the DM can't find it. That is not very complicated to remedy within DM.

Looks like they just want to force us over to the IP Office platform. I've had the same issues with some customers complaining because of avaya support or lack of. So now they're looking at other systems instead of going to IP Office.

take a look at the vbktowav.com software. it works.

The BCM CallPilot UM Client is not supported on Windows 8 or 8.1 which cause headaches for folks as well. Basically, when Avaya or whatever manufacturer publishes bulletins stating EOL (End of Life) or EOS (End of Support), that means no further developments. BCM (software) is supported till 2018 BUT only BCM 6.0, and there are no new developments going on. BCM Hardware support ends next year.

I am in agreement it is a hassle, but you can't say Avaya didn't tell you. That is why we moved away from that product line.

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

There is a fix that is in place already I am using it myself. Works great just like before with OL 2010 they have even added a few enhancments!

serenityclub, what is the fix? Is it a patch or new software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back