Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2013 / 365 how to reassign keyboard shortcut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pallottino

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
IT
I use Microsoft Outlook 365 I would like to reassign the keyboard shortcut F4 to the command that makes the letters of a word, respectively, all uppercase, all lowercase and the first letter capitalized. How can I do it? Thank you in advance for the answer!

You should already be able to do this with SHIFT-F3.
F4 is already assigned to something else

Thak you Strongm!
You are right but I'd like to change default keyboard shortcuts.
Btw is there a command in Outlook2013 in order to calculate some expression like (4*3-2)/5 ?
In Word there is; in Outlook2013 I didn't find it!
Thank you!

Well, I can tell you how to do it in Word:

Code:
[blue]CustomizationContext = ActiveDocument [green]'or NormalTemplate[/green]
With KeyBindings
    .ClearAll [green]' Clear all current customisations if you want[/green]
    .Add wdKeyCategoryCommand, "ChangeCase", BuildKeyCode(wdKeyF4)
End With[/blue]

but unfortunately Outlook does not have a key customisation method.

Once upon a time, when Outlook really used Word as the email editor you could do this sort of thing through customising Word, and it would get picked up by Outlook. But no longer. But the ability to do calculations should be there, and works pretty much like in Word - inset a Table, and then on the Table's Layout ribbon you should be able to find Formula

You are right Strongm!
Both problem has no solution in my opinion:
1) In OL2013 isn't possible to modify the keybord shortcut: either to assing or reassign;
2) In OL2013 there's no more ToolsCalculate command (in Word 2013 there is)! I don't want to use table to make trivial calculations!
I very regret for that! Two giant leaps back in just one application it's too much!
What do you think about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back