Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007/Vista Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHins711

Instructor
Jul 1, 2004
US
I have been searching for the better part of an hour and I think I might be more confused now that when I started. :)

You guys probably know this off the top of your head. I have a customer on 3.2.55 with Phone Manager, Softconsole, and IMS. They are looking at going to Outlook 2007 and Vista in the near future. Is there a 3.2 release or will they need 4.0/4.1?

I see PM/Softconsole is good with Vista on the latest 3.2 but can't find any helpful info on 2007. Any help?

Office 2007 has no direct relation with Avaya applicationsother then TAPI.
Does TAPI work with Office 2007 and VISTA?
It does on my PC.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

Thanks Intigrant! I figured as touchy as IMS is, I didn't want to assume that it would work on Outlook 2007 until I found something stating that.

Oh hey, how about Exchange 2007? Any limitations there?

IMS does not work on exchange 2007.

I would guess smtp/mapi vm to e-mail would still get you e-mails with a .wav attachment, however IMS doesn't work on outlok 2007 either so no fancy message controls.

word of warning re vista and Tapi, I am running vista 64 bit and tapi will not work, however it works fine in vista 32.

No problems however with phone manager or softconsole on 64 bit veriosn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back