Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007: Stop auto-add for calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlau

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2008
US
How do I stop Outlook 2007 from adding entries to my calendar whenever someone sends me an event invitation via email?

Well, let me elaborate:

I have a user who wants to accept event invitations but not have them be added to his calendar. His reasoning is that he wants those sending out the invitations to receive the automatic reply that he will attend. If he declines the invitation, he is in effect turning down the meeting.

He can't have it both ways. If he automatically accept the meeting request, it goes to his calendar, and the organizer gets a response. If he manually declines the meeting request, it doesn't go to his calendar, and the organizer gets a response. That's by design.

He can manually delete the item in the calendar and elect not to send a response.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back