Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 Recurring Calendar Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrant1969

Programmer
Dec 13, 2004
US
Not sure if this is the best place for this, but ...here goes.

We have recently migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007, many of our secretaries schedule recurring meetings for their people and then make customizations to single occurrences of those meetings, or move a specific date/time to another date/time. (Yes, I know this is a bad practice but its impossible to get them to change)

What is happening is that when they move it or change it - for example moving from today to next week, it will still show on today, or if they add a new description to it, the description stays the same. That is until they exit the calendar and go back in. Once they do that, its all fine, but this also happens when another secretary adds a new meeting to the calendar - it won't show up for secretary 1, until she has exited the calendar and goes back in.

At first we thought it was a rules issue, so we did a /Cleanrules, we also tried /cleansniff, and none of the other flags seem appropriate.

We are working with Outlook 2007, SP2, we are not running in cached mode and this did not happen under Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 (please note that when we were using Olk 2003 with Exch 2007, we would get out of memory errors constantly, probably related to the way they all work with the recurring meetings).

Anyone have any thoughts/ideas, a better place to post this?

Thank you!

Roger

Are we talking about their mailbox calendars, public folder calendars, or sharepoint calendars?

Sorry, should have specified that, this is the mailbox calendar of another staff member that they do the scheduling for. In most cases, a member of the management team.

Is the problem in the secretaries' Outlook, or the calendar owners' Outlook?

The problem does not seem to be limited to any one person's outlook. It happens on Secretary 1, Secretary 2 and the owner as well. We have tried blowing away the local outlook profile as well as the entire user profile on the PC.

It seems to reside in the either the calendar itself or the appointments, I'm leaning towards the calendar but given that the majority of these secretaries work for either C-Level management or one step below, we're not going to be able to blow away the calendar and recreate all of the appointments.

Have you looked at the Autodiscovery and Autoconfiguration services to verify that they are functioning correctly?

so I have access database. in one fild I have mail adreses and in second fild data when must mail send and in third fileld hiperlink adresses to local drive.
for example
fild 1 "user@yahoo.com"
fild 2 "24.07.2009"
fild 3 "//mydoc/picture/firs.pdf
i need to use this three fild and send in differn mail andresses, diferent time and diferent hiperlink file.
can all i do whith microsoft outlook

Did you try

FloDiggs (MIS) 24 Jul 09 13:19
Have you looked at the Autodiscovery and Autoconfiguration services to verify that they are functioning correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back