Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 "Folder Last Updated" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanion2903

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2009
US
I have a few users on Office 2007. Occasionally when these users first open Outlook in the morning, it will not update automatically. They will just get the message "Folder was last updated"..."Date". They have to close out and open it back up and eventually it will update. This only happens with the Outlook 2007 users. They are connecting to an Exchange 2003 server. Not sure if there is a version issue with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007, but I can't find answers anywhere. I've seen some post where people say this might happen if they have embedded email accounts but none of my users do. I've tried turning off cached mode and that has no effect. Both Exchange server and Outlook client are fully up to date. Has anyone seen this issue or have any recommendations I can?

Any solution yet? I'm having one user with exactly the same problem.........EXCH 2003\Outlook 2007. Closing and restarting Outlook solves the problem, but can't find any info as to why or how to fix. I did see something about Google desktop search causing a similar problem, but we don't have that installed.

I have not found a solution yet. Still waiting to see if anyone else has come across this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back