Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 on windows 7 Cannot connect to server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceregent

Technical User
May 5, 2012
I have been experiencing a problem. I have a u-verse AT&T cable modem with 4 ports. I have one port connected to a 4 port Vonage router. The other 3 ports, one connects to my main cable box. The other two connect to my family computer running windows 7, the other one connects up to my desktop computer running windows 7 with outlook 2007. My wife's computer is running windows 7 with outlook 2007.

All computers connect to the internet just fine. We also have a laptop that connects wireless, and does great. My wife's computer connects wireless as well. My desktop also has a wireless as well as wired. My outlook and my wife's outlook are configured exactly alike. However, her outlook constantly complains that it cannot "Find the server on the network". My outlook works fine. I even had the wife's computer wired as well are wireless. Exactly like mine.

I have tried quite a number of things to try and resolve this issue. It is almost like my wife's computer thinks it is connecting to an exchange server on our local network, which is not the case. I even removed and replaced the email profile on her computer in the control panel, but to no avail. I could really use some help here. I did a brand new windows 7 install on the wife's computer. Where should I look next please?

Thanks

Try scans using TDSSKiller and then antizeroaccess.exe to make sure you are cured. Probably BEFORE anything else. Viruses will cloud any and every other issue.

Make sure HOSTS file is not funkified with anything unusual.

Then I would follow tlcscousin's advice on TCPIP reset.

Would also remove ANYTHING in the OUTBOX that is stuck. Copy and paste if you have to. I've seen where outlook will NOT send something that is in there even though you fix the server settings or whatever that prevented sending in the first place. Flush them out.

Ok, goombawaho, I will try as you suggest. I appreciate all of the help you guys are offering to me. Believe me, I really do appreciate it. Cannot say thank you enough everyone... Please stick with me, I am trying to get this cleared up as per your advice.

IceRegent

Ok, I just finished running AT&T's online troubleshooter, and apparently they were able to fix the email problem with their servers issues. Now I just need to fix the other email. So, I ran the troubleshooter on the other computers, and it fixed them as well. Thank You all for the help. Now I need to figure out exactly what the issue was, so I can explain it to you guys.

However, where should I look for help with our printer problems? My computer cannot communicate with my printer nor the scanner built in. Always worked fine before my trojan problem, but that was with windows xp. My wife''s printer does not want to communicate with her computer either. It prints but does not scan. What forum do I look in for help?

You could start a new post about your Printer in the correct operating system forum. Most Printer and Scanner problems get fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the Printer and Scanner drivers and software.

Listen - if you had any trace of SIREF.J, do NOT just let it go. Run the scans I mentioned regardless of the fact that the email problem is cured.

Thank you goombawaho, i have ran the scans that you recommended, and they all report clean. Also, just last night, I actually had a lexmark tech help out with my printer issue. He had to do alot of fixing, but got it working.

Sorry, I have looked for a way to mark the thread as resolved, but I cannot find it. Is there a way to do that? And thank you all once again for all the help. You guys are great!

No, there is not, but a feature that is really needed. So I meant that "psychologically closed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back