Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 how do I set up email account on a new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subgoat

Programmer
Sep 23, 2005
GB
Hi, I have a new PC, and have just installed Office 2007 on it. I now want to set up Outlook and the email accounts to be the same as it is on my old PC. If I copy the .PST file over, and tinker about in the file | data file management menu item I should be able to get that away from the default PST file it has created, but is there any way I can import the email accounts as you used to be able to in Outlook 2003?

Thanks for any advice!

You'll have to set up the accounts manually, there is no way to export the account settings in Outlook 2003/7, I think that option to export to .iaf files like OE supports went away prior to Outlook 2000.
Obviously once you have set them up you can export all messages, contacts etc as a .pst from the old machine and import them into the new machine.

If you really need to do this you might find thid useful...slightly long winded IMHO.

Good luck.....

Cpt. Red Bull

Thanks, Caption Red Bull. You can save the settings and import them to a new machine with Outlook 2003 - using the 'Office Save My Settings Wizard' which I previously found really handy. But this is gone with Outlook 2007, so I had to do it manually. Strange they ditched such a useful utility, really. Anyway, all done now - just trying to work out how to run all the Office 2007 programs with the new ribbon-thing...

ah yes... the lovely ribbon system, just when you thought you could 'do' Office.... all good fun.

Cpt. Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back