Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 going not responding when sending email

Status
Not open for further replies.

krafka

Technical User
Feb 9, 2010
US
Outlook 2007 goes not responding when sending email. I am running windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit with office 2007 sp2 all updated but everytime i send an email it hangs as not responding for 5 min and then sends it. So far all research from google/topeka has said download a hotfix which said i had it and get service packs. any input would be great

If you're not using Exchange, how big/where is your .pst file? If you are using Exchange, how big is your .ost file?

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Cross posted here: thread68-1598098

Please don't post the same question in 2 different forums without cross referencing them. Thanks.

In your other post you contradicted yourself by saying that it was all e-mail and then stating that it was to one particular address. Would you please clarify as to which it is.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

You may need to check your firewall too. I have had the same issue like you have now. I have MS Outlook 2007 installed on my system which is Win Vista Ultimate and I used to have Norton Internet Security, when I disabled it, it works better. Now, I installed ESET Smart Security, good thing it's not doing the same thing again.

On my laptop, I used Windows 7 and installed the same email client which is MS Outlook 2007 but I have had so much errors. Recently, Microsoft had a seminar for young technical savvy's about Windows 7 and we were informed that they have had trouble with compatibility issue with MS Outlook 2007 installed in Windows 7.

We haven't seen any issues like that, as long as you have the latest service pack for Office installed. Other things come into play as well, like, if you're using .pst files, making sure they are on the local machine and not on a network share (which isn't supported anyways).

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back