Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2007 continually crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

csudougie

MIS
Dec 15, 2006
Hello, I've been deploying Office 2007 steadily for a few months. Most people have no problems. However, a select few have Outlook errors that force the program to restart. It is caused at random times, sometimes while not even using Outlook. All have XP SP2 with .NET 2.0. The error is below (from event log)

EventType clr20r3, P1 outlook.exe, P2 12.0.6023.5000, P3 46574050, P4 mscorlib, P5 2.0.0.0, P6 471ebc5b, P7 3404, P8 26d, P9 system.io.ioexception, P10 NIL.

Any help, please!

I have read many forums about possible CRM app plugins causing problems. We use ACT 2005. I have only had a handful of problems with this so far.

What I've been doing is creating a new mail profile in control panel and setting it as the default profile. I added the .pst files to the new profile and they haven't crashed since.

I hope this was the solution, but it appears to be at this point.

Glad it sounds like you may have gotten the problem fixed. It seems oftentimes, just redoing things like that are the easiest/quickest fixes. [smile]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

I was about to suggest that you run the scanpst.exe utility to make sure there are no corruptions getting saved in the PST for the users. You'll find it in the Microsoft Office, Office 12 folder.

Regards: tf1

I'll try the PST scanner, thanks. The profile deletion and recreation worked for a while but then it started crashing again. I heard it could be caused by some CRM apps and their add-ins. I've disabled ACT! add-ins and now I'm playing the waiting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back