Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 won't launch but other office published apps do

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicXtreme

Technical User
Nov 1, 2001
CA
I've been searching the internet for a solution and can't find one, maybe someone here has already experienced this. I've installed office 2003 on a XPe citrix server, base OS is 2000 server; published word, excel, access, and outlook. All apps launch with no problems except outlook, when I try to launch it looks like it's trying to but then it just doesn't launch and the connection to the server is gone as I watch in the pn connection centre. I did launch outlook locally on the server with no problems.

Thanks,

Epic

Try Runing Regmon/Filemon on the server when you attempt to launch the application. It sounds like there are rights issues somewhere..

Thanks for replying bmclean2,

I have domain admin rights so I'm not sure if it's a right issue, but I will try the regmon/filemon and see if that shows anything.

Thanks,

Epic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back