Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2003 will recieve but wont send

Status
Not open for further replies.

splat78423

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2005
US
i checked my outgoing server address and its ok but when i send/recieve i get a message telling me that outlook cant communicate with the outgoing server.

Hi,
I assume you are getting this message on a "send & receive" (normal process). You can get a more detailed picture of what's happening if you (run Outlook) and go to Tools>E-mail Accounts>View or Change existing accounts>select the account; click "Change">click "Test Account Settings". You will see when the process fails. Likely problems (in the setup of the account): Outgoing server needs authentication and the box isn't checked or the information is wrong; Outgoing server port is incorrect (typical default is 25). If this account is for an external (an ISP) site, their tech support can tell you what's needed, if you can't figure it out. Is this a new account being setup, or did it work and now something changed? Let me know, we're happy to help.

---Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back