Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 will not send my e-mails unless I forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCop

Programmer
Jan 11, 2002
GB
Using Outlook 2003, WinXP SP2, ADSL connection.
Recently Outlook has refused to send my e-mails after creation. They are listed in the outbox but not in italics (ready to send) and have "none" in the sent date column. The only way to send the message is to select each one and "forward" the message to the original recipient. The forwarded message goes normally, the other stays in the outbox for good until manually deleted. Makes no difference if there are attachments to the mail or not. No changes of security policy have been created recently - any other ideas please?

I hadn't but have now and it has made no difference. The strange thing is, if I leave one of these unsent/can't send messages sitting in in the outbox, others seem to be sent as normal! If I di that, though, it is irritating because I constantly get the "There are unsent messages in your outbox" message when closing. Probably the least of the two evils though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back