Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 usage on Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bungle76

Technical User
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the Exchange 2003 CAL entitles me to use Outlook 2003 on my desktops?

I got an Outlook 2002 CD along with my Exchange 2003 CD but Outlook 2002 does not support the new features of Exchange 2003.

I'm told by my supplier I'll need to pay for an upgrade from Outlook 2002.

Is this true? I thought Outlook 2003 was the client of choice for Exchange 2003?

Regards,
Colin.

A CAL is a license, not bound to a specific client, so yes, you can use 1 Outlook 2003 per Exchange CAL, or any other Mail Client for that matter.
If you do not have Outlook 2003 yet though, you will of course need to pay for those, but that is a seperate issue from the CAL.

The client of choice would be 2003, yes, but you will only benefit if you use the full potential. For 'just' E-Mail, it does not really matter.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Thanks Marc - I didn't realise.

More money to Microsoft I suppose.

Regards,
Colin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back