Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Toolbar Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH22

IS-IT--Management
Jan 13, 2005
US
I'm having problems with the 'standard', 'email' and 'tables and borders' toolbars in Outlook 2003 when composing an email.
Instead of all showing up on a single line under the 'Subject' line... they are broken up among two lines. There is plenty of room to spare after fitting them on a single line together, but whenever I start a new email, when the window comes up, they are shown one above the other. Is there a way to lock these in place or correct the problem permanently?

Thanks,
Tim

Try clicking on the little teeny arrow on the right of the toolbar. Is there an option to "Show Buttons On One Row"? If so, click it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I didnt see anything. The only arrows provide the option of 'Add or Remove Buttons' (which expands into the various toolbars or customize).

- Tim

Then try Add or Remove Buttons, Customize.

Make sure that "Show standard and formatting Toolbars on two rows" is not checked.

Yes, I tried that, but no luck.
It is grayed out and unable to be selected.

I'm using Outlook 2003 SP2 and either of these work for me.

Did you customize your toolbars? Is there anything else going on?

If I was frustrated enough, I might create a custom toolbar with all the buttons that I want and only showing the custom toolbar.

Thanks. I tried that, and it worked, but there are two selections which show up on the pre-defined toolbars that I cant select for my custom toolbar.

1) 'Insert Tables' selection on the standard toolbar which drops down the grid to drag across so you can select the number of columns and rows (as opposed to the 'insert tables' where you have to define it by entering the number)'

2) 'Shading Color' on the Tables and Borders toolbar.

... I will probably just count this up as a loss.

- Tim

Try...

Tools > Forms > Choose Form
Look in: Standard Forms Library
Select Message form
Click Open
Drag the toolbars to be like you want
File > Save
Close the Form

Now when you click New to compose a new message, the toolbars should be as you placed them in the default Message form.

Dcompto,
Thanks for the tip. I tried this one too and it didnt work.
I also tried switching resolution (I had it set at 800x600) to see if that had some negative effect that would cause this, but that didnt help either.
Thanks for the try.

- Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back