Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 - saving images other than as bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

gronsky

Technical User
Feb 8, 2002
US
Morning,

My os is Windows XP, and am using Outlook 2003.

When I receive an email and it has a image in the body of the email, let's say it's an animated gif, and I would like to save the gif file, normally I would right click on the image and choose "save as" to save the image.

However, in Outlook 2003 the only available file type to save as is a bitmap.

Is there a way around this?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

Thanks.

I don't have 2003, but are you saying it will only save as BMP? You have that in your subject line. Remember a JPG IS, in fact, a bitmap. If you save as bitmap, does it actually save it ONLY as .BMP?

Gerry
See my Paintings and Sculpture

Opps, my error.

Yes, I meant that Outlook 2003 will only allow me to save the image as file type - .bmp

Really? We do not allow email with images in the body (or any HTML either) through our firewall, so I can not test this. I know BMP is Windows "natural" graphic file format, but I am surprised that Outlook would be still stuck there. Seems rather antiquated.

Sorry, if Outlook does not have anything other than BMP as a save option, I don't know what to say. It probably is possible to do it with VBA, but it may be easier to simply save it as BMP, then convert it to something else.

Gerry
See my Paintings and Sculpture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back