Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 pst

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmquiroz

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2003
US
Hi all,

Have a user who is getting an error when attempting to move messages to his archive.pst folder. The error is something like "Can't open item.." I checked the size of the pst file and found it at 1.9 GB. Can the file size be the problem? I actually thought the max pst file size on Outlook 2003 was over 10 GB? I also ran scanpst.exe against the pst and repaired errors that were found.

-Sip

Sip: Are you sure his PST is in Outlook 2003 format and not an older format? Also, think about the possibility of having to move that file in the future. I had to do it and I don't ever want to do it again, so I keep my PSTs to a minimum of about 1GB.

Excel VBA Certification is Finally Here!
Check out this bar:

I have a computer that seems to crash when outlook office xp is trying to open. Actually it is the monitor that shuts down not the computer. I can boot up and do everything except open mail. It seems when it tries to send/recieve it crashes it. Any ideas. Thanks. I have done a system restore and thought i was good but it was not to be.

sorry i posted this here. I thought it was a new thread not a reply.

PST limit is 2GB which I guess you are about to exceed! Start a new archive PST.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back