Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 - Program is trying to access outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2006
GB
Help!!!!
I keep getting a message that says:-

a program is trying to access outlook do you want to give access to it and then give me a time scale of 1 to 15 minutes. Has anyone come accross this? if so can you please let me know as it's driving me mad.

ComputerOpsAdmin,
do you have something automatically trying to send mail - excel, access, etc.? if not then sounds like you might be infected. if you do have a job attempting to send mail then do a search of the vba forums for work arounds.
regards,
longhair

Check which program is trying to access the outlook. Find out is their any open sessions of Word or Excel from Task Manager. Close those sessions and then check...

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

We haver something installed called pimphony which is something to do with our switchboard and it Integrates with outlook. How it works is if someones calls you that is in your contacts folder there contact details are displayed on the screen. Is there a way you can turn this feature off in outlook?

ComputerOpsAdmin,
i don't think you can turn off in oulook - it's a security thing. you can try to take a look at outlook redemption or a
click yes program.
regards,
longhair

click yes" would probably be the way to go, as longhair mentioned.

Thanks to you all for your help. I have found a freeware click yes program and it works a treat.

Thnaks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back