Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

istechfcs

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2005
US
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but I have a problem with Outlook '03 that's driving me crazy. Say for instance, I go to a future date that I want to create an appointment, all day event, whatever, and I enter in the requested info (Date, time, busy, etc). Outlook shows that date on the calendar in Bold like it's supposed to, but when I actually browse to that date on the calendar, nothing is there. It creates it on today's date and sets the time to the exact time I created it. I double click on it, and it still says the correct start date for the appointment, but it won't show up on the proper day for nothing!!! HELP!!

Hello, did you ever get this solved? I'm having the EXACT same issue.

PenelopeC
~~~>-/O~~~~~swimming right along

This is a shot in the dark but may help...

I have had problems with the free / busy issues in outlook 2003, By running office SP1 then with outlook closed go to a command prompt and go to the folder where the outlook.exe is (i.e. c:\program files\microsoft office\office11 or something like that!) type in outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy (then press return)

Alot of issues have been cleared and some calender entries have appeared in bold again.

Another question is : is outlook running in cached mode? sometimes the refresh does not work or take sometime. Again silly question but may help point you in a better direction.

Hope this helps.

Though that wasn't the EXACT cure, you pointed me in the right direction.

There are a number of "switches" to use on Outlook. (Google "Outlook switches") turns out the Outlook /cleanview was the one to do the trick. Run the switch from the command prompt in the directory location of outlook.exe and you'll be all set.

PenelopeC
~~~>-/O~~~~~swimming right along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back