Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 printing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

knappagh1

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
GB
Hey guys (and Gals!!!!)

I have a user with a very annoying printing issue with her Outlook 2003. When she prints an email, instead of printing on 1 or 2 pages, it will print over 70ish pages. It seems to only be printing a few characters on each page. She is the secretary to a few of the Directors in the company as well as being the receptionist and as a result has alot of printing to do from emails.

It is possible for her to copy and paste the email contents into MS Word and print from there. Its a work around but will not be accepted as a solution as everyone else in the company can print from emails fine.

Now for the strange part. If she selects to forward the email, she can print if from there with out any hassle. Word is set as her default email editor, so im thinking there is a problem with printing emails in html format. Does this sound right to anyone else or has anyone else come across this and maybe have found a solution?

Any help is appreciated.

Paddy

You are definately not confronted by Outlook issue. LOL, That is an issue we call Drivers, Uninstall the printer software from teh computer 100% including regedit32 data. Then restart, then re-install software application. If need be to be safe re-install outlook. if that doesn't work then you need to test your print port unless it is through lan, then you need to take a very heavy hammer and smash the computer right in the rom drive lol.... good luck

Brent Serio
Just Born Designs
Email: brentaserio@cox.net
Aim: CsCheerios

The problem is not with your drivers. Don't waste your time on that.

Before you reinstall Outlook, try selecting "Help->Detect and Repair". Outlook may be able to "heal itself" through this process.

Thanks for the help guys.

I tried uninstalling the printer, drivers etc, but to no avail, so i will try PPettit's suggestion, or any other suggestion that anyone might have for this problem!!!!

Paddy

Was a solution found to this problem? I'm have one user experiencing this same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back