Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2003 missing logo in signature 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny999

Programmer
Feb 21, 2005
AU
Hi,

I have a client that has a jpg logo as part of their signature setup on all the machines. The logo is stored on a mapped drive.
On one machine the logo now appears as a red cross whenever they send or receive emails. The logo appears correctly when viewed in mail sent to other machines.
The annoying thing is that the logo used to work on this machine and now doesn't. I haven't been able to identify what may have changed to cause the problem.

They are using Outlook 2003 + Exchange 6.5 (on SBS2003)
Client machines are XP Pro with SP2 installed.
The mail format is HTML, I have tried creating the signature two ways - the advanced edit (word) + also using insert image into the signature editor. I have also tried using cut and paste as well as inserting the logo.

I have tried re-installing outlook but that made no difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I don't know where to look now.

Regards,
Jenny Coulthard

Go into Internet Explorer. Tools- Internet Options - Advanced tab. Go down to Multimedia section and check the Show Pictures box, and uncheck the Show image download placeholders box.

Sawedoff

Sawedoff,

thanks for the suggestion. I checked in Internet Explorer and the Show Pictures was already checked and the show image download placeholder was already unchecked.

I tried reversing them and when I opened the emails the logo displayed as a box with a red square, green circle and blue triangle.

When set as you suggested and as was previously I get a red cross in the box where the logo should be.

Any other ideas?

Jenny

I am having the same problem accross our network. Win XP(sp2) and 2000(sp4) are both working for some, and not for others.

Any resolution to this?

vandaddy,

I never resolved the issue instead i deleted the profile from the local machine (not roaming profile) and recreated. I knew this would overcome the problem as when logging on as a new user I could connect to the problem mailbox and view the logo's.

There is obviously some setting that I couldn't locate causing the prob.

It was a pain as I coulnd't use transfer settings wizard as this recreated the problem

Regards,
Jenny

Thanks Jenny

Please excues my newness to exchange administration, what profile is there on a local machine that reinstalling outlook would not fix?

Vandaddy,

it was not the outlook profile I recreated but the user profile, there is no roaming profiles at this site - I simply deleted from the Documents and settings directory.

Jenny

I've found GIFs are more reliable in signature blocks (and I don't know why!). Create the signature block in Word with GIF logo and save it. Then open Outlook, go to Signatures, Edit, Advanced Edit and select HTML as Word opens. Now use Insert File, save and close the edit mode and the sig block should be OK.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back