Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Global Address List question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoeythecat

Technical User
May 2, 2002
US
Hi All,

Hopefully I posted to the right forum. If not, could you please point me to the correct forum? I am using Outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange Server 2000 running in cached Exchange mode. When I make changes to the Active Directory, the GAL does not reflect those changes. If I uncheck Cached Exchange mode it does reflect the GAL. When I change back to Cached Exchange mode it reflects the old or "offline" GAL. Help! Thanks in advance.

Thanks XMSRE,

One question I have. What value should I set for the DownloadOAB value in order for me to have the address book downloaded right away? I have the default option set. What is your opinon on the best option?

Xmsre,

Strangely enough the registry entry for ==>hkey_current_user\software\policies\microsoft\office\11.0\outlook\cached mode< does not exist for my workstation.

I am having the same exact issue. I Have installed Office 2003 Sp1 to no avail. I also do not have the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Cached Mode key in my registry.

Did you ever resolve this????

Nope...Guess no one from this forum has experienced this. I'm wondering if this only works with Exchange2003 for this to work?

Well I am running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 sp1.
I can turn off cached exchange mode and I see the correct GAL and then I turn it back on and I don't! Same problem as you.

I do happen to run Office XP Sp3 as our Word, Excel and Powerpoint but have Outlook 2003 sp1. Could this somehow be causing this? Or at least explain the missing registry entries?

I would try completely uninstalling OfficeXP, delete office folder in Program Files (After uninsll0 then install all of office2003 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc)

Sounds more like an issue with the generation of your Offline Address Book in Exchange.
We are having same issue here and there are a LOT of possible causes.

Did anybody ever have an answer to this. I am experiencing the same thing.

My only solution was to disable exchange cached mode. I know that isn't much of a solution but that is all I got!!

Someone may need to call Microsoft (I may do this eventually. It's not a priority for me). There is probably some fix that only Microsoft would know about.

Same problem here. I disabled cache mode. Most people have high speed access so its really not that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back