Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Find Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbhunt

MIS
Nov 9, 1998
I am seeing some unusual behavior with the Find feature in OL2003 in our environment.

We use Exchange 2003, with about 50 users connected. Recently (say within the past week or so), a good number of users reported that their results using Find were incorrect, and seemed to be limited to just the past few days of emails. I have no idea what is causing this, and it is not affecting everyone, but i would say over 50% of my users are seeing these bad results.

Someone from another list mentioned to me that it could be a corrupt mail store, but before I go down that path, I was hoping someone here may have seen this before and will know what is going on.

Many thanks.

Are you running cached mode on your clients? If so take them out of cached mode, disable offline use, delete (or rename) the offline file and reopen Outlook. Try the search again.

If this works then the Offline file (*.ost) was corrupt (much better than a corrupt mailbox store on exchange ;). just re-enable cached mode if that fixed it and a new file will be created and that should resolve the problem.

Good luck.

Cached mode is off, and there is no ost file on the machine.

I am fearful that it could be a corrupt mailbox, as this possibility was mentioned to me on another list that I posted this question to.

Any other suggestions as to how I should proceed?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back