Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2003 east asian languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 11, 2003
US
i have a client who wants to be able to type in japanese in word and powerpoing. his system has windows XP pro and Office 2003 installed. i installed the files for the east asian language pack and got the language bar to come up. but when we click on it two switch to japanese, it keeps reverting back to english. even if we make japanese the default language.

what step am i missing here to get it to work right?

david

Probably the keyboard setting. Office usually defaults back to the Keyboard Language. Make sure this is changed in the Control Panel.

Regards: tf1

i dont see an option to change that under keyboard. where would that setting be?

david

Sorry, I forgot that changed from Office XP and Office 2003! You now need to make sure that the correct options are installed in Regional and Language Dailog, Languages tab in the Control Panel as well as the Language settings in the Microsoft Office 2003 Language Settings dialog.

Regards: tf1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back