Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 constantly prompts for username and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoJACK

IS-IT--Management
Jun 5, 2003
US
Hi everyone,

I have Outlook 2003 running on Win XP. Sometimes when I try to send and receive email from my mail server via POP3, Outlook would constantly prompt me for my username and password even tho the username and password are already entered.

I have downloaded and installed all of the updates for Office 2003. I have also try to re-enter the username and password and check the "save password" box. I have try logging onto my webmail site and changing the username and password on the site and nothing seems to help.

Outlook keeps on prompting me for a username and password and it is not letting me send my emails out.

I'm able to log on to my webmail with the same username and password that is enter into Outlook without a problem.

Any help would be appreciated,
LoJACK

Outlook keeps popping up asking for username and password
thread605-906036

LoJACK,

I'm not sure if this will help but I'm running Win 2000/Outlook 2000 and have this exact same problem when I connect to our exchange server sometimes thru the VPN client. What I have to do is add the exchange server name and ip to my HOST file.

Hey all what I would suggest you check is your account settings for your email. It sounds like its missing there.

1 in Outlook go to tools then accounts.
2 For each of your email acounts listed you need to click on them then click properties.
3 Click on connections and put in your password then click remember. Apply and okay and you should be all set.

You need to do this for each email you have. It will prompt you for other when you send and recieve.
Hope this helps I don't have outlook on this system right now so you might have to check tabs but you will see it in Properties of your email accounts.

Good luck you shouldn't need to edit reg for this.

wwgmr,
I check all of the account settings already.. the username and password are entered and selected to have them saved. that was pretty much the first thing I did when this happen.

thank you everyone for your help.. I will give it a try and let you know the outcome.

Thanks,
LoJACK

I do have the same problem. If you find any sollution, please tell me. I will do the same.
Gaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back