Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 cannot open custom form. Will use outlook form instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeoBizzle

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2004
US
That's the error message that is received when a few of my users try to open certain shared files via outlook. Everyone has the necessary access to reach said files, but they are all custom forms in Outlook 2003. The work around I was using that had been working was to go to tools..options.. other tab.. advanced options.. custom forms.. manage forms. Then I copy and delete two of the forms we have and OK all the way back out. Don't ask me why that works, since I essentially did nothing but copy and delete a couple files to a certain location on the drive, but it came from Microsoft originally. But it no longer works, and the big wigs are heated. Has this happened to anyone else, or is anyone more experienced in custom forms in outlook 2003? Everyone is running XP pro, and also running Office 2k3 or Office 2k3 Pro. Any ideas are GREATLY appreciated.

Leo Barnett

Try clearing the forms cache for the folder which contains the custom form. you can clear it from the same "Manage Forms" window. We occasionally run into this problem with OfficeXP, and this fixes the problem.

Randy Carr
randy.carr@carteretcraven.ncemcs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back