Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2003 Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maugwa

MIS
May 10, 2006
US
I have a user that is having problems getting attachments from only one particular user. My user is able to receive attachments from other people and from other people at the same company as the user he can not receive attachments from. Other people in my organization can receive attachments from this individual, just not my one person (who happens to be the GM).

Any idea on why this would happen? Is there a special setting that I am overlooking? As I stated, my person can receive attachments from everyone else, just not from this one user.

Do you mean that the attachment is just not there, but the text of the e-mail is?

Yes, that is the case and it's only from this one user, all other attachments from other individuals are fine.

event logs? What AV solutions are in place at the user and server level?

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

We are using Symantec Antiviruse Corp 9.0, all my users are using the same thing. Other users in my organization are able to receive attachments from this person, as a matter of fact, the person that is can't is sometimes copied on those emails and winds up having to have one of the other users that received the email forward the attachment to him. This is just weird.

I have tried uninstalling office and re-installing, no luck. My next resort is to swap out the users computer. Can't for the life of me figure this one out.

Assuming you are using Exchange, what if he looks at the message in OWA?

What if you configure him on another workstation for testing?

Pat Richard, MCSE(2) MCSA:Messaging, CNA(2)

I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

When you uninstalled the software did you deleted the Program file folder? I performed reinstalled that didn't work before because I didn't delete the Program Files folder.

Also you can try a mailbox clean up.

I have same problem now. Do you find solution about this problem? Please help.

muratkazma@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back