Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 takes 60 seconds or multi tries to connect to Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirmAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2004
US
I have a user on a small NT4.0 network that within the last week has had problems with Outlook and printing. The first time you try to open Outlook, it fails to connect to the Exchange Server. If you retry, it will eventually connect; but does have some "not responding" problems intermittently afterwards. He also lost his ability to print to the network printer. This is only a problem with one user. All other applications talk to the network just fine. I've run optimizer and one-click maintenance, upped his RAM and cleaned up the machine of other processes that might be causing network traffic from his machine; causing outlook to time out. I've seen some other threads about this problem but no solutions. Anyone????

Nevermind....just figured it out. "Someone" set up a DNS suffix using an old domain that I let expire. It must have just expired within this last week. Once I deleted the suffix, I was able to connect quickly in Outlook and print again. Yipee!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back