Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 Security and Email Automation Problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrikev

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
Outlook Experts,

I'm having an issue with Outlook 2002 XP that has me baffled.

Background:
I have an Access database that automatically sends bulk email to 100+ people at odd hours of the day i.e. 3:00 AM (This way normal daily traffic is not dirupted). Each person gets a different report, so there are 100+ emails that get sent (not a distribution list).

Here is my issue:
Outlook throws a dialog box at every single email that attempts to send in this way. The dialog box says: "A program is trying to send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? (YES,NO)".

I can't seem to find anything in Outlook were I can disable or customize this security setting. I'm assuming that Microsoft has incorporated this as a security measure against viruses that use the item.send object to propogate.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with this or know of a fix or workaround?

Any thoughts, comments welcome.

Thanks,
Kevin A. --------------------------------
Fortius, Citius, nullis secundus
Strength, Speed, second to none

Yes pushing the button is a workaround however, I don't have time, nor get paid to come into work at 3:00 AM and push a button over 100 times!

The workaround you suggested is a horrible waste of time, wouldn't you agree? --------------------------------

Ahh, my bad. I thought that link was to your personal website. When I read the post, I thought to myself, "This person is patronizing me". I didn't realize this was the name of a software. My appologies... --------------------------------

No problem. It's a handy utility for answering all those 'Do you really want to do what you just said to do?' questions.

Just wanted to say Thanks for the great laugh! I read this thread and then re-read it and couldn't stop laughing... I even forwarded to my boss and he got a big kick out of it too. Now we walk around the office saying "just Push the Freaking Button.."

have a great day!

bw

Thanks goes to 'smah' for amusing us.

The people I work with frequently come to me and say "just Push the Freaking Button" after I showed them the program. It has become the source of many one-liners around here.

Thanks Kaz888 for your link.

...and don't forget to just Push the Freaking Button.. --------------------------------

I've posted this utility a few times and my answer seems to have gotten a little shorter each time. I'll have to actually read the post before I 'submit' in the future. It probably wouldn't come out the same if the program name wasn't so appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back