Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 html printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
When trying to print a email message that was sent in HTML format, the body of the message does not print. I've tried different printers and drivers.

What version of IE are you using? If you are using 5.5, then upgrade to 6.

What happens when you do a print preview? Does it look ok from there? If it does and it's not printing; try removing your printer and reinstall it... It may be a hardware issue.

Smah,

I was replying to Murugs.

In summary:
The issue is with printing html emails from Outlook 2002.

I have tried 3 different types of printers (HP 8100, HP 1200 and HP 1000) and updated all drivers.

Outlook does not give the option for print preview of email.

Word and all other apps work ok.

Using IE 6. This is on a brand new fully updated XP Pro pc.

Thanks

Do you have Outlook Express Installed.

Is it possible for you to try removing IE 6 and install IE 5.0

regards
MP

In Outlook 2002, Print Preview can be found under File, Print Preview once you have selected a message.

Do you get any different results if you use 'Table Style' instead of 'Memo Style'? (Select the message, File, Page setup).

Guy's this only ever seems to be HTML for this problem. Best and quickest way to do this is to edit message and convert it to plain text (Unsure why we can't see rich text as an option).

Trying to find an answer to this one on the web.

Good luck

Did anyone manage to find a resolution to this problem?
I have experienced the same problem with a user running Outlook 2003. The user can print, but HTML emails only print out the header (to, from, subject, etc) and not the body of the email. Converting the email to plain text allows the whole email to print but this is not an ideal solution.

Thanks...

I'm having the same issue. I've exhausted the net looking for a solution t this with no success. Did you guys resolve this? I seem to have it pinned to the users profile.

BTW We're using outlook 2002 on a MS XP platform of course. Thanks.

Guys, I found a temp solution to this. I added the user to the local admin group and the user was able to print HTML emails. I'm in the process of investigating more to see why the user suddenly needs admin rights to print HTML emails.

Sigmab,
I am interested to hear the results of your testing. Please keep us updated.

Cheers.

I have the same issue. Mine thou is with Outlook 2003 and it is only in messages form Sent Items that are HTML formatted.

Only good work around i have found is if user forwards it to another user they can print but it has since become annoying.

Steps that have been tried
Uninstall and remove all entries of Outlook
Install outlook 2003
update outlook
re-installing printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back