Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2002 hangs when connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

prinand

MIS
Jun 13, 2000
GB
I have outlook 2002 (office XP SP1, and applied SP2, no diffrence) where I have it setup to deliver mail into my PST file. If I connect to the server and there are a few messages in my inbox at the server, outlook will start to receive the new mail, and then at some point hang. it shows sending/receiving 11% (or any other xx%)and that is it, it never gets any further. I have to end-task it, and if I then work offline, I can retrieve the mail no problem, and there was not a big attachment just normal mail messages.

Outlook 98 was configured in exactly the same way, and it always worked, only as soon as I switched to outlook 2002 this happened. The weird thing is, it has been bad, than fine for several months, and now it hangs again. Maybe it is a timeout problem somewhere ??....

I have changed the exchange server timeout to 999 secs but that does not help either. Anyone any ideas or suggestions ???

Two things - Is the Exchagne Server requesting data?

How many profiles are in the Outlook properties?

no at that time it hangs it does not show that window - requesting data and neither did it appear during the sending receiving.

there are 3 profiles (all mine) originally I had 1 profile but when those problems occurred I tried creating another profile, but that did not resolve it.

just to let you know... I have removed all profiles, then deleted the entire contents of Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook in my windows 2000 profile, and recreated my profile, and imported my old rules again (tried previously already to delete all rules, and then connect but did not make any difference)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back