Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2002 & ISA: Slow on Internal e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

todjk69

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2003
US
I posted a previous topic on the slowness of my Outlook 2002 clients. I have since discovered a monumental fact that I previously overlooked. As such, to me it's a separate topic.

My clients are using ISA Server's Web Proxy, and no other clients.

When my Outlook 2002 users click through their e-mail and happen to select an e-mail that is internal to our domain, there is a slight pause of 5-15 seconds. There is network activity, which concludes that there must be some kind of authentication or related problem. Ultimately, after the delay, the message displays.

When a user clicks on an e-mail that is FROM an outside domain, there are no problems.

This is not an HTML vs. text issue. Internal text and HTML-based e-mail are victims of this 5-15 second pause.

Theories are welcomed. Ideas are really welcomed. Solutions are really, really, really welcomed.

Todd :)

Try adding an entry for your Exchange Server in your local hosts file on one of the workstations that is suffering this delay. This will check to see if it is a DNS issue. Win2K and Exchange rely heavily on DNS.

Garry Thompson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back