Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 20002 - Cannot connect to VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue9244

Programmer
Jan 20, 2003
US
Suddenly I am unable to connect to my company's server to access my inbox. I start Outlook and first of all get this message:

Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable.

I keep hitting the "Retry" button. Then I go thru the process of Outlook attempting to access the server.

After repeated attempts, I sometimes get the sign-in box which contains my user name, password and domain. I type in the password and am then informed that it is incorrect... I have checked and double-checked all of these many times but can get nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated!

This is Outlook XP (2002) running under Windows XP operating system.

Can you ping the server when tunnelled to your network? Do you have a firewall installed that can possibly be blocking access to the server? joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

FYI, after much head banging and trial and error procedures, I finally just replaced my register with an earlier version and the problem cleared up. Still don't know what caused the problem but could have been a corrupted registry...

Thanks for the help I received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back