Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyMac

MIS
Sep 12, 2002
BE
How can I make a rule in outlook which will delete mails older than two months without prompting the user. It must be done when closing outlook so the mails are deleted which are older than two months.
thnxs for the help in advance
;-)

GuyMac:

I don't know if you can achieve what you want with a rule, but you can autoarchive. You can set it not to prompt and to delete old emails instead of keeping them.

First you turn on autoarchive in Tools|Options|Other tab.
Set the frequency, the prompt user option and the option to delete expired items or not.

Then you have to set the properties of individual folders. Right-click the folder on the shortcut menu (left-side) and choose properties. Go to the autoarchive tab, set the age for items to expire and choose to delete them or to archive them to a file.

Hope this helps!
Desiree

thanks everyone for the quick answers, it really solved my problem.

Is there a 60 day policy for the entire department or company? If so, create a policy which will delete any email older then 60 days. You can set when you want it to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back