Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don79

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2001
US
Hi,
I know how to create a distribution list in Outlook. However, is there a way by which a person in the distribution list who receives the e-mail does not see the other names in that list? What I mean is, I want each person on the list to feel as if this e-mail was sent to only him/her, but in reality was sent to plenty of people. Thanks for your help.

Off the top of my head, whenever I use distro list in that manner, I use the BCC feature.

Don,

Two options. Easiest is to put the dist list in the BCC box and yourself in the TO box. Other option is to use a mailmerge idea to send out the email once to each of the dist list. This creates more problems than it is worth!

I will try this out. Thanks guys.

Hi,

I created a dummy distribution list. I put my own name inside the TO box, and tried to put the dummy d. list inside the BBC box. However, the dummy d. list automatically went inside the TO box instead. Any other ideas? I'm not sure what you mean my merge e-mail?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back