Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 - won't open after updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy47

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
US
I did the updates to Office 2000 yesterday - before this everything worked great. Now Outlook cannot open - when I click on it - it flashes up and then disappears!!
I did all the required updates - service packs etc.
Hope someone knows what is going on here.
Thanks

Try changing permissions on this registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Setup
Security menu, click Permissions, type of access, grant Full Control. -Brad :-D
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

When you're having a bad day just remember it could be worse.....couldn't it?

Thanks looked there - (I'm using windows 2000) I don't have setup security menu. Nowhere do I see permissions - help :)

No haven't installed these.
This is driving me cuckoo :))
Just got rid of all the hotfixes in add and remove programmes and it's still duoing it.
All the other office programmes open great...except Outlook, sometimes it will get to stay open a couple of seconds till it's loaded and then 'poof' away it goes :-(

Search for your *.pst file. When you find it, right click and select properties. Is it over 2 GB?

After uninstalling and reinstalling it - and getting the same thing.....I read those you sent me - the 2nd one was help. I went into the control panel to mail - removed the old profile and that did it. I'm so new to windows 2000 - sorry about all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back