Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 with Word 2002 incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

selimap

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2003
GB
My new PC, running XP HE, came with MS Word 2000, but only Outlook Express and not the rest of the Office Suite. I reinstalled the rest of Office 2000 from the CD I had bought for my old PC, including Outlook 2000, which I prefer to OExpress.

All was well for a week or two, now Outlook won't let me use Word as my email editor (which I prefer) as it says 'Your Outlook and Word versions do not match. You will have to upgrade your Outlook version'.

I don't understand why this should now appear when nothing changed and it worked OK. I have tried installing all available updates and downloads, I still have the problem. I don't wish to buy the rest of Office 2002 (or 2003) as it seems an unnecessary expense.

Anyone got any ideas?

Remove Word 2002 (XP) and install Word 2000 like the rest of your Office Setup.
Like the error says: Your Outlook and Word versions do not match

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Thanks, I should have said I was trying to avoid this. I might find docuemnts created by myself since pruchase of the PC, or from other PCs will be incompatible with an older version of Word. And I'd have to reconfigure options/customise etc.

Well, you may want to avoid it but that is the way it is.
You have one more option and that is to upgrade to the full Office 2003 version.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back