Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 with multiple E-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCornwell

Technical User
Sep 3, 2001
GB
I've managed to set up all my accounts and they are downloading.

How can I choose which address to use when sending?

In Outlook Express I had a drop down box, now I cannot even tell which one I am using.

Geraldine

In Outlook, if you go to Tools->Accounts, and go to the Mail tab (you should be in there by default), you will see a list of your accounts. Click on one, and then click on 'Set as Default'. What this does is set it as the account that you will always be sending from.

Also, when you are sending a mail, and are about to send it, you click on the little pull down arrow on the 'send' button, which will show you your accounts, here you can select which one you will be sending from....Then the next time you are sending a mail, it will still be your default account that you are sending from.

NOTE: Depending on how you have Outlook set up, ie, for home or work or whatever, you might have an option to view a From field......When composing a mail, go to View->From Field. In this field you can choose who you are sending from. Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

Thanks but I believe you are reffering to Outlook 'Express' not Outlook 2000.

I have 'upgraded' to Outlook 2000 and all the features you mentioned are no longer there.

You should have a Set as Default button under Tools/Accounts/Mail. Select the account you want to be the default and select this button.

You should have a Set as Default button under Tools/Accounts/Mail. Select the account you want to be the default and select this button.

Bobby

When composing a new mail, goto VIEW/OPTIONS. Under the DELIVERY OPTIONS there will be a drop down list showing:
"send message using". This is where you can change to whichever mail you want for sending.

Hope this helps
Warren

wholm@hotmail.com

Also, there IS a drop-sown next to the SEND button where you can also choose! (nearly missed that - sorry)

Hope this helps

GCornwell, the stuff I mentioned are there in Outlook 2k, Im using it here. Tools->Accounts, mail tab, set as default on the account you want to send from mainly. When composing a mail, click on the little arrow that is on the send button, that will allow you to choose your sending address.
(If you only have one account, then there will be no arrow beside/on Send) Jay~

My new Tae Kwon Do website is up and running!!

~KeyTech

GCornwell, could be an UPGRADE issue. try a Clean Install of O2K. The features are definitely there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back