Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 will not load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsmooth

MIS
Jun 28, 2002
US
What happens is that Outlook appears to be loading, but never does. When I bring up the "close programs" windows, it does not say not responding. I hate tried removing all .pst files and loading Outlook and same issue. Nothing is loaded in the background and resources are at 95%. I have even tried closing all programs except explorer & systray. I have uninstalled Office completely, reboot, then re-install office. What else can I try??

Also we are using a POP3 mail server, not exchange. I was able to get outlook express to work fine.

When Outlook is 'loading'. Does outlook.exe show up at the process??? I got the same thing happen to Access before. No NOT RESPONDING error, Access just wouldn't start. Then, I went to Task Manager, end the process and Access loaded.

[noevil]

Just out of curiosity, what virus scanner software are you running, we recently upgraded to McAfee's and it has caused this problem.
We restart the users PC and its ok, McAfee told us to remove all temporay internet files etc; then it should work, it only fixes for some machines.
Regards
Dan

Yes outlook does show up, but will not close....it ends up hanging the whole systems up. We are running Norton Anti-Virus Corp. Edition. McAfee is one of the issues listed on Microsofts support pages. The only other thing I found was to create a shortcut and then add "/safe" to run it it safemode. It will go in, but there is nothing extra, that I can see, that is loading.

Have you tried re-creating the Outlook profile - Control Panel > Mail > Profiles > Show Profiles > Add Then create a new profile. Change the default profile to the new one. Close. Open Outlook. If this does not work - rename the views.dat file - this can become corrupted causing Outlook not to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back