Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 synchronization

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsupport

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2000
DK
I tried to synchronize my outlook with the exchange server so that I have access to all my emails while I am not connected to the LAN. The mail server is an exchange 2000 server. At first it would take a loooong time and in the end nothing happens. But recently I get the message Microsoft exchange reported an error (0x80004005).

What is the cause?

Article- Q318908

If you are using a Microsoft Outlook client computer, you cannot download an offline Address Book. When you try to download an Address Book in Outlook, the following error is logged in the synchronization log:

7:59:00 Microsoft Exchange offline address book
7:59:00 0X80004005
CAUSE
This issue may occur if the mailbox store has not been associated with a valid offline Address Book.
RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Start Exchange System Manager.
Expand Organization, and then expand Administrative Groups.

If "Administrative Groups" does not appear under Organization, make sure that you have configured Exchange System Manager to display Administrative Groups. To do so, right-click Organization, click Properties, and then click Display administrative groups.
Expand the administrative group to which the server belongs.
Expand Servers, expand the server that you want to configure, and then expand First Storage Group.
Right-click Mailbox Store, and then click Properties.
In the Offline Address Book section, make sure that a valid offline Address Book is listed.

If one is not listed, click Browse, and then click a valid offline Address Book. You can use Default Offline Address Book as the default setting.

This means that I cannot sychronize my calendar. But what about my inbox and the other folders? I should be able to synchronize them, can't I?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back