Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 stays resident in memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chambers

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
Hi guys, I have an issue here that's getting worse. Basically I have Outlook 2000 published out (installed for TS correctly) but I'm having a problem. When people close out Outlook, something is still not closed down correctly (I'm guessing that stupid "you got mail" envelope that goes into the systray. Are there any reg hacks I can use so that when the main window of Outlook is closed, that little thing will also close?

I have seen this also, but it seems that it is just logging out that is taking the time. Try UPHClean see if it is profile flushing that causes the problem.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Already got UPHClean running. It's still staying in memory, any other ideas?

so no one else has had this issue? That's hard to believe :p

I actually have the same issue, but with Outlook 2003. I am looking to see if any other process is keeping it open, but no luck yet.

Justyn Worrell
MCP, MCSE, MCT, CCA, CCEA, CCI
SCSA, CCSA, CCSE, CCNA, AANG-UP

I have the same problem on Outlook 2003, and have had no luck either finding the cause.

We've seen similar event that makes the appear as if Outlook is still open when it was in fact other tasks that wre opened during the usage of Outlook. Check Task Manager on the server for Winword, Acrord32, or WISPTIS. Each of these may still reside based on what events the user experienced while using Outlook.
Check out for more information.
This solution has help use 'kill' open tasks after a user gracefully loggs off.

Aha a light went on. Stop using word as the email editor. That was the sod that stuffed me for a while.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back