Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 reply issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebien19

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
I have a user using outlook 2000. When the user replies to a message from her inbox the message that she is replying to is moved from her inbox to sent items folder. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it?

Have a look at Tools, Options, Preferences tab, E-mail Options button. Does the 'Save copies...' setting have any effect? Or maybe something under the Tracking Options button?

Thanks for the response but it doesnt. I have the same exact setting on my pc in those areas as hers. I did notice though at she has sp3 and mine doesnt, also my install is a small businees version and her is professional.

It's the view

The user's view is set to "UNREAD MESSAGES" and when she replies, it's not unread anymore and dissapears from the inbox. The message will go to sent items because it was sent.

Change the view :

VIEW > CURRENT VIEW > By Sender

Cheers

That didnt work. The view is set to messages, just as mine is and when a message is replied it still goes to sent folders

Detect & Repair might be the next course of action, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back