Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

outlook 2000 reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkingguy

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
CA
I keep getting a old reminder popping up every time I open Outlook. I previously used the inbox repair tool to try and get rid of it when I was prompted to do so. It got rid of the message in the calender. But the annoying reminder keeps showing up every time I open the program. When I try and dismiss it, it says cannot postpone reminder.

Thanks

That happened to me once and I used this fix:

Run Outlook.exe with /CleanReminder switch. Example, “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Outlook.exe” /CleanReminders

If you are using Outlook installed for the Corporte Workgroup the you will need to delete and rebuild your Outlook profile. Once the profile is recreated go back into Outlook and you will get the reminder one more time but this time it will stay gone for good. joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

cparker and joegz thanks for your replies. I went to run and ran the command but it could not find the path. Am I missing something? Where do you go in Outlook 2000 to recreate the profiles?

Hi joegz,

If you can't find the path, find out the exact path that Outlook 2000 is installed. In my example, that's where it's installed on my machine. Also, make sure you keep the entire path in quotation marks.... "C:\Program Files...Outlook.exe".

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Colleen

networkinguy, joe's profile suggestion only works if you're on an exchange server (usually true at work, but not at home).

The cleanreminders should really do it for you. If not, open Outlook and run detect and repair.

Do a find for outlook.exe to find the path to it. Mine, which is a default install at home is C:\Program files\Microsoft Office\Office

Thanks for the suggestions but that path will open outllook but does not clean out the reminders. Detect and repair also doesn't do it. Any other ideas?

Did you follow cparker's suggestion? If so, it MAY open Outlook, but it should clean out old stuff too. Perhaps that item that keeps popping up is a recurring appointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back