Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Outlook 2000 - .PST Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaierIT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2005
US
Good afternoon everyone, I have been looking for software that i can install on client computer that will warn them when .pst files are reaching the 2GB limit. Does anyone know any software for this? Thank you.

I'm not sure of any software but I'm sure you can use a WSH script and set it as a log off (or log on) script. Have it check the current pst file size and issue a warning as a pop-up.

Hey "gpastorelli" is it possible for you to give an example of a WSH script that will issue a pop-up when the file size is reached. I have been looking online for examples but found none that will really help. Thank you.

I have not been able to find anything on this. I am sure that someone has made a script for this somewhere, but I cannot find it. On a side note though, it is quite simple to check your .pst size. One thing that could be recomended is to possibly have clients that use alot of space in their .pst to creat a few pst and spread the file load throughout them evenly. I am sure that someone has created a script for this, but I have had no luck finding one for you. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Greg Wilson
RFK Technologies
866 837 1007
"What an Information Technology Business Partner Should Be

Thank you again GWilson, i know that its simple to check the .pst files because im in the IT business. Try telling that to the salesman that have no time or do not want to bother keeping an eye on the files. Also they do not like the idea of creating too may personal folders because it causes confusion when searching for previous emails. I really appreciate your help and i will get on the net and look for some examples and try to create a script and once i figure it out i will post it. Thank you, have a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back